Subatomic Studio has released its first update to Fieldrunners 2, the popular sequel to the original tower defense game for the iPhone. Version 1.1 is now available in the App Store, and the update brings an easier Causal mode, new Map updates, Game Center integration, Endless mode, and a bunch of bug fixes.
One of the neat, behind the scenes sort of features is that players now have the ability to Tweet their high scores in exchange for in-game currency. This feature seems to be more common in iOS games with each passing day. Each tweet grabs a different message, adding some interesting variety to the mix. If you’d like to check out all the high scores folks are posting, search for #fieldrunners2 in Twitter.
- Beat those hard levels with an easier Casual mode.
- Amazing new time trial map – Flash Fire!
- Conquer the leaderboards with Game Center.
- Finally beat Scrambled Eggs on Hard.
- Can you spot the changes in Bizarre Bazaar?
- Get coins for sharing scores on Twitter.
- Enable low-fi mode to fix crashes.
- Save your progress when exiting maps.
- Push notifications that won’t annoy you.
- Tackle the challenging Endless mode.
- …and General bug fixes and more.
More exciting updates about Fieldrunners 2 for iPad and other special surprises in the coming weeks.