It’s been a big couple days in the mobile games world, as we’ve had significant updates to Fruit Ninja, Ski Safari, and Fibble. Now there is a brand new Cut the Rope Experiments update (v1.4) that includes new superpowers.
What are superpowers?
Superpowers can be used to help you out of a jam and unlock new gameplay where your objective is to collect a hidden blue star. Once a superpower is activated by clicking the lighting icon a few things happen:
- The candy becomes unbreakable
- An extra blue star appears where your goal is to obtain it.
- Om Nom’s appearance changes (is that a colored rubber glove he’s got on his head?)
- The edges now rebound (i.e. the candy won’t go off the screen)
- You can now use “telekinese” superpower to control the candy; thus, allowing you to collect the blue star. Telekinese is triggered by tapping the screen. When the screen is tapped a circular force field appears. The force field affects the candy, allowing you to move it around the screen in new ways.
Cost of Superpowers
- 20 for $0.99
- 50 for $1.99
- 150 for $3.99
- 500 for $7.99